Mar 13, 2015

Serviette Card

Hello Everyone,
It has been a long time since I have made a card that did not involve a messy formula.
I found this serviette in my drawer and loved the watercolour effect, it was calling out loudly to me... 'make this into a card Sue.' So for once I listened to my inner voice and created this.

Simon Says Wednesday Challenge is: 'Things that Fly.' and I know there will be hundreds of entries with butterflies but I could not think of any other image that would suit this Bg so perfectly than the Lepidoptera, so forgive my lack of imagination on this creation.
I will not go into a step by step as You Tube has plenty on the process of applying the serviette.
I am also entering The Artistic Stamper Creative Challenge: 'Spring is Coming.'
(I have stamped the sentiment and text on the Bg.) 

Have a great weekend.
Smiles:)
Sue



8 comments:

Rosemary said...

absolutely beautiful, sue!! smiles!!

Greta said...

I've never used a napkin for a card--did use them for candles years ago. This is a beauty & made a wonderful card! I just got that butterfly die & need to use it!

butterfly said...

I don't think there's any lack of imagination here... there's a simple yielding to the promptings of inspiration. You're so right about this being the perfect background for the gorgeous butterfly - the whole thing works beautifully!
Alison xx

Brenda Brown said...

Your gorgeous butterfly completes the composition beautifully and is the perfect addition to this bright and colourful card. The inner voice is definitely the one to listen to.
hugs Brenda xxx

Melissa Bove (SCS ~ Melissa1872) said...

Beautiful card! Such a lovely background!! Very creative card!

Thank you very much for joining us this week at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog!

hugs...
Melissa

Lisa M said...

Yeah for the inner voice!!! It's a beautiful card my friend :)
Big hugs to you,
Quirks

Meihsia Liu said...

I love these beautiful colors! This is such a fabulous card, Sue. :)

Jennie -The Artistic Stamper said...

Gorgeous! Thank you for joining in with The Artistic Stamper challenge this month