Oct 7, 2013

My Goodness...I have digressed!

Hello all,
What a difficult week it has been, my next project for Scotties as part of their design team today is, wait for it.... Do-crafts papers!!! I have to be totally honest here and say that this product has no appeal to me whatsoever....... but it is not always about me and what I like is it? I mean there are crafters out there that would love these papers and things, and it is one of my duties as a Dt to provide them with inspiration even if I did find it a massive Challenge.
I make a cute card once a year for Precious (grand-daughter) and that is it, and she usually tells me what she wants, enough said.




The little girl is named Tilly and she is decoupaged, it is all done for you, no cutting, no colour work, no nothing, (please excuse the double negative).
 I could not live with myself not to at least add stitching and fussy -cut the stocking banner.


More details on how I put this together is over on the Scotties Blog Here.
Now if you happen to like my Cute and Fun genre this week, well guess what, I have three more coming up, every Monday you can pop in here or Scotties and drool, if that is your want over my labour of love or witness my demise with Do-Crafts.

I am entering this into:
Please feel free to copy to your sidebar  
'Crafty Hazelnuts Christmas Challenge'
Anything Goes as long as it is Christmas. 
Smiles:)
Sue

12 comments:

Rosemary said...

oh sue!! you are way too funny!! your card is wonderful! (even if you are working with products that don't "move" you... that is the challenge of being on a design team!) and though it might be cute and fun you still managed to add your little shabby touches!! smiles & hugs!

Brenda Brown said...

I know what you mean about using products that don't inspire, but each to their own eh? You have designed such a sweet card and made them work in only a way Sue could. A great job.
hugs {brenda} x0x

Dawn Turley said...

I can feel your pain Sue.... this is SO NOT you... but you have done an awesome job with the papers and Tilly... and made it more "Sue" like with your texturing and sewing. Love the banner too... well done

Rita said...

Fabulous card Sue. I know exactly what you mean. Hugs Rita xxxx

Vada said...

Oh Sue, Like Rita said... I don't do "Cute Cards Well", So I pass them by, But I think you did a wonderfull job.
Hugs Vada

Ira Huberts said...

Despite the fact that you didn't like these papers Sue, I think you have made a most adorable card for little Precious! Hugs, Ira x
Ira’s Crea Corner

Kim x said...

Lovely card Sue despite the big challenge. I know how you feel trying to be creative when you are having to use something you don't like is sooo difficult. But well done you.
hugs Kimx

Lisa M said...

LOL....I can just see you kicking rocks! However, I am proud that after the mild tantrum (hahaha) you made yourself do what you knew you'd do all along and that is to complete the task and dare I say it...it IS adorable!! It might not be YOUR cup of tea, but you nailed it when you said it would inspire someone else. I think the shape and design are fantastic and I love that you brought the background paper alive with the fussy cut row in front of stockings. I for one....LOVE it and Precious has certainly helped you to complete a festive Christmas card :)
hugs,
Q

Joan said...

Ha ha, love how you managed to make even "cute" stuff look good with your own special touches, the fussy cut banner is a great touch and I like the embossed background too

Joan

,

Meihsia Liu said...

Haha.. Sue, I know exactly how you feel but I love your unique cute and shabby chic style. This card is just awesome. :)

Greta said...

Oh for crying out loud! You can make something great when you're not inspired & I struggle even with tons of inspiration! Love how you added some "Sue" to this card!

walchowDesign said...

Despite your unwillingness to use the products, you managed to incorporate some of your style into this adorable card, Sue!